Monday, July 25, 2011

Mazda 6–Throttle body ground

Well, this can be one of those mods which don’t add any value, and in fact there is a long debate on forum on how useful it is. But it cost me ~10$ so why not. And besides, I felt immediate improvement in throttle response (but that could be just in my mind). Anyway…

You’ll need:

  • 8mm and 10mm wrenches
  • 4 AWG wire + connectors (I got preassembled wire from NAPA with connectors and stuff for 6.99 + tax)
  • Cable housing, some cable ties

Procedure is dead-simple: take the wire, wrap in cable housing, fasten with some cable ties, connect one side to the body (where your negative battery is connected), and another side to one of the throttle body bolt. You’re done. Pics below:

P1010241P1010242P1010244P1010246P1010247

2 comments :

  1. Its looking like high power engine may i know how many cc it is ?
    Mazda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking into this mod myself. Have you done any other mods?

    Mine is a 2011.

    ReplyDelete